These paper lanterns are easy to make, and they add a happy atmosphere for a weekend party. Every day can be mid-autumn festival!
What you'll need:
Stapler or tape
1. Cut a strip off the short end of the construction paper. Set aside to use as the lantern handle.
2. Fold your paper in half lengthwise.
3. Draw a line one inch from the end of the long edge of the paper, opposite the folded edge. This will be the line where you stop cutting.
4. Measure and mark lines one inch apart, starting at the folded edge and moving towards the 'stop cutting' line.
5. Cut on the marked lines up to the 'stop cutting' line.
6. Flip the paper over with the patterns showing.
7. Match the long edges together on the lantern and use tape to hold it in place.
8. Staple the handle to the top of the lantern.