Chinese herb fears as three taken ill

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 14 March, 1996, 12:00am
UPDATED : Thursday, 14 March, 1996, 12:00am

Herbalists were last night urged to check a common headache treatment for contamination after three people who took it were sent to hospital. Two women and a man fell ill hours after taking the herb wai ling sin, which was contaminated with the toxic gwai kuo. They suffered vomiting, diarrhoea and numbness. Wai ling sin is used to treat headaches and rheumatism and gwai kuo is used to ease swelling.


 

Promotions

 
 
 

You may also like