IRS expert to help with US tax returns

PUBLISHED : Sunday, 08 March, 1998, 12:00am
UPDATED : Sunday, 08 March, 1998, 12:00am

A representative of the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will be in Hong Kong this month to consult with US taxpayers desiring assistance with their tax returns.

Consultations will take place from March 19 to April 2 at the US Consulate General, 26 Garden Road, Central.

Consultations will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis, Monday to Friday, from 8.30am to noon and from 1.30pm to 4pm.

The IRS representative also will conduct a seminar on US federal tax on March 25 from 2pm to 4pm. It will take place in the visa waiting room on the ground floor.

Most of the standard IRS tax forms for overseas taxpayers are available in the American Citizens Services Office of the US Consulate General. Tax forms can be requested by calling the office at 2841-2211.