Drug bust detectives head to Australia
Detectives from the Narcotics Bureau are set to travel to Australia to continue their probe into the country's biggest heroin bust.
They say intelligence and leads gleaned during the investigation into last week's $2 billion, 420kg drug seizure could help them in future cases.
Federal agents from Sydney are also planning to come to the SAR to sift through statements and study documents seized in raids by police.
Two detectives from the Australian Federal Police team are likely to work with SAR investigators in the case against the seven Hong Kong men and 11 Indonesians who appeared in court four days ago charged with smuggling the huge shipment.
They are due to reappear on December 11.
Superintendent To Hon-ki, of the Narcotics Bureau, said: 'We think it is worth sending people to Australia and they can come up here.
'More arrests here are unlikely, but it will be useful for future investigations.' Federal Agent Ray Tinker, who is heading the Australian probe, said: 'We are planning to send a couple of detectives to Hong Kong.
'We want to see what there is in the statements and documents from the searches that we could use in evidence.'