Iglesias show postponed

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 21 January, 1999, 12:00am
UPDATED : Thursday, 21 January, 1999, 12:00am

Spanish crooner Julio Iglesias has postponed his Convention and Exhibition Centre concert due to a 'personal emergency'.


The show, due to take place on Saturday in Hall Three, has been delayed until February 18 and moved to the centre's Grand Hall.


Promoter Dale Rennie, of the Australasian Entertainment Company, said yesterday despite the setback Hong Kong was 'extremely lucky' as the singer had cancelled other shows in the region and Australia due to the problem. Some shows have also been postponed.


'For a performer to give up very profitable dates like these must mean something very big is up,' Mr Rennie said.


'We have no idea what it is other than a personal thing for him. But we are lucky to have reached this compromise because he is scheduled to perform in South America in February - we may otherwise have had to wait until November to see him.' Mr Rennie said about 70 per cent of the planned 4,000 seats had been sold and would remain valid for the rescheduled show. Seating plans would not be changed.


The company's ticket and inquiry hotline is 183-6268.


 

Promotions

 
 
 

You may also like