Four hurt in heater blast

PUBLISHED : Friday, 27 August, 1999, 12:00am
UPDATED : Friday, 27 August, 1999, 12:00am

An electric water heater exploded inside a Tuen Mun estate flat, resulting in minor injuries to sleeping occupants. A 34-year-old woman and her three children, aged one, seven and nine, escaped serious injury.


They were treated and discharged from Tuen Mun Hospital after the 7am blast in their Wu King Estate flat. The woman's husband apparently used the heater prior to leaving for work.