Four sick after pig's liver meal

PUBLISHED : Saturday, 20 November, 1999, 12:00am
UPDATED : Saturday, 20 November, 1999, 12:00am
 

Three women and a man have fallen ill after eating pig's liver, possibly poisoned by the banned asthma drug, Clenbuterol, which is used to make pork lean.


Two women, aged 30 and 31, from Tin Shui Wai, and a 23-year-old woman and a man, aged 26, from Tuen Mun developed palpitations, nausea, dizziness and flushing. The cases - if confirmed - would bring the total number of people affected to 11.


Share

 

Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Four sick after pig's liver meal

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive