News quiz...do you know?
Test your memory and see what you remember from previous news reports. Each question is related to a news story published in the South China Morning Post on Wednesday, March 14, 2001
1. The 70,000-member Professional Teachers' Union is mobilising massive support to fight against .
A the banning of horse-race betting
B legalising soccer betting
C the use of mainland teachers
D the privatisation of all schools
2. Hong Kong teachers are more content with their jobs than their counterparts in , a survey has found.
C South Korea
3. A widow whose husband was murdered nearly five years ago was awarded more than in compensation.
B $3 million
C $13 million
D $31 million
4. A gang of suspected is thought to have used Hong Kong banks to 'clean' $450 million over the past two years, police said.
A international money launderers
B triad members
C expatriate crooks
D human smugglers
5. Five children between the ages of two and five at a pre- school for expatriate families have the symptoms of hand, foot and mouth disease.
A Wan Chai
B North Point
C Sai Kung
D Tai Po
6. Hong Kong is at the centre of an uncontrolled trade in says a report by international conservation groups.
A shark's fin
B tiger skins
D rare birds
Answers - 1B, 2D, 3C, 4A, 5C, 6A