News quiz...do you know?
Test your memory and see what you remember from previous news reports. Each question is related to a news story published in the South China Morning Post on Tuesday, March 27, 2001
1. holidaymakers from Hong Kong were killed and 10 others from SAR injured in a coach accident in Guangdong.
A Two student
B Four elderly
C A couple of
D Two women
2. forced a friend's daughter to run naked around a park to compensate for injuries her son received while playing with the girl, a court heard.
A An elderly woman
B A mother-of-four
C A civil servant
D A senior nurse
3. One walked out and another banged his fist in frustration at cargo handlers' failure to answer queries on a controversial handling surcharge.
B Executive Councillor
4. The common-law wife of a secret multi-millionaire became a 'goddess of wealth' after winning a court battle over his estate.
A $180 million
B $250 million
C $1.8 billion
D $2.5 billion
5. should undergo a life- long upgrading of their skills as a prerequisite for the annual renewal of their licence.
A Doctors in the private sector
B Junior doctors in hospitals
C Dentists in private hospitals
D All doctors and dentists
6. is planning to impose bank charges on 650,000 clients whose average monthly balance falls below $5,000.
A Standard Chartered
B Bank of East Asia
D Dao Heng Bank
Answers - 1D, 2B, 3C, 4A, 5D, 6C