New quiz... do you know?
COMPILED BY HELEN MIAO
Test your memory and see what you remember from previous news reports. Each question is related to a news story published in the South China Morning Post on Tuesday, May 22, 2001
1. Chief Secretary for Administration Donald Tsang Yam-kuen met cloned Yang Yang in Xian, while leading the Hong Kong Go West delegation.
2. Chief Executive Tung Chee-hwa has said the self-immolation of alleged Falun Gong members in Tiananmen Square in January .
A was too radical
B was totally uncalled for
C reminded him of a cult suicide
D displayed their faith
3. Pacific Century CyberWorks-HKT staff said they fear redundancies after failing to win an extended guarantee of no job losses as the company considers switching directory inquiry operations to .
4. Officials wearing white gowns, masks and rubber gloves doused themselves in disinfectant as they began the two-week process of killing farm birds that will constitute 80 per cent of the cull.
B 1 million
C 1.06 million
D 1.6 million
5. A 12-year-old boy fell to his death in Ma On Shan as his mother prepared to take him to school to tell his teacher .
A he had disobeyed his parents
B he refused to attend tutorial
C he had forgotten to do his
D he had spent his lunch money on
playing a video game machine
6. Children could be sued for in school under a proposal the Equal Opportunities Commission outlined on Monday.
A displaying 'girlie' magazines
B displaying violent comics
D sexual discrimination
Answers - 1A, 2C, 3B, 4C, 5D, 6A