News quiz... do you know?
Test your memory and see what you remember from previous news reports. Each question is related to a news story published in the South China Morning Post on Tuesday June 19, 2001.
1. petitioned lawmakers to close legal loopholes to ensure husbands do not get away without paying alimony to ex-wives.
A Social workers
2. Hong Kong workers are the in Asia and many feel trapped in their jobs, a survey found.
A most satisfied
B least creative
C least loyal
D least optimistic
3. Police were searching for a salesman after worth up to $2.58 million were reported stolen from a shop in Central where he worked.
C designer handbags
D mobile phones
4. The collapse of during a TV fund-raising programme might have cost more that $500,000 in lost donations, a charity said. Stars including CoCo Lee and Andy Lau Tak-wah appeared on the show.
A phone lines
B a presenter
C part of the stage
D the sound system
5. appointed singer Kelly Chan Wai-lam as anti-drugs ambassador at the launch of a new drug prevention drive.
A The Chief Executive
B The Chief Secretary for
C The Financial Secretary
D The Police Commissioner
6. The only authorised chicken importer slashed its supply to Hong Kong by per cent on Monday.
Answers - 1B, 2C, 3A, 4A, 5B, 6D