News quiz...do you know?
COMPILED BY HELEN MIAO
Test your memory and see what you remember from previous news reports. Each question is related to a news story published in the South China Morning Post on Friday, July 6, 2001
1. The biggest storm to threaten Hong Kong in uuuuuuuu years brought transport chaos and communication breakdowns.
2. The Hong Kong Observatory faced a storm of protests as uuuuuuuu.
A it failed to give advance warning about Typhoon Utor
B its weather Web site was jammed by users trying to find out about the progress of Typhoon Utor
C its hotline was constantly busy
D its staff failed to respond to emergency calls
3. All uuuuuuuu students who received results good enough to enter university will have the chance for further education.
4. The six-year-old son of a wealthy businessman was sent back to his home uuuuuuuu after being held for five days by kidnappers seeking a $5 million ransom.
A on the MTR
B on a bus
C on a mini-bus
D in a taxi
5. More than 3,000 mainland uuuuuuuu attended a job fair in Guangzhou to hunt for job opportunities in Hong Kong.
A IT and financial service professionals
B medical professionals
C university graduates
D management professionals
6. A magistrate imposed a curfew on a teenage boy to stop him going to a uuuuuuuu police say is a den of crime and drugs.
B karaoke lounge
C games centre
Answers - 1C, 2B, 3C, 4D, 5A, 6A