Home-alone boy injured by fire in flat kitchen

PUBLISHED : Saturday, 07 July, 2001, 12:00am
UPDATED : Saturday, 07 July, 2001, 12:00am
 

A 10-year-old boy left home alone while his parents went shopping escaped serious injury when he accidentally set fire to his Choi Hung flat as he played with matches yesterday.


The boy suffered minor burns after a kerosene stove tipped over in the kitchen of the 20th-floor flat in Pik Ha House, Choi Hung Estate, at 9am. The boy was in stable condition in hospital last night.


Share

Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive