News quiz...do you know?
Test your memory and see what you remember from previous news reports. Each question is related to a news story published in the South China Morning Post on Monday, July 16, 2001
1. Police released a 12-year-old girl while they sought legal advice on whether to charge her with uuuuuu.
C conspiracy to kidnap
2. Secretary for Security Regina Ip Lau Suk-yee turned down an invitation to have a face-to-face debate with uuuuuuuu.
A a leading academic
B a leading local Falun Gong member
C pro-democracy unionists
D university students
3. About 1,300 uuuuuuuu will set out on a 10-day Go West summer tour to promote better understanding of the project.
A secondary school students and teachers
B business representatives
C primary schoolchildren
D entrepreneurs and educators
4. Forty uuuuuuuu maids with outstanding claims against former bosses are living in a cramped flat in Tsim Sha Tsui with poor sanitation and hardly enough money to buy food.
5. Pro-democracy unionists protested against the Government's stance in the uuuuuuuu industrial dispute, which they claimed favoured the management's side.
A Japan Airline
B Dragon Air
C Cathay Pacific
6. uuuuuuuu was back on stage co-hosting the Miss Hong Kong final after disappearing for more than a week following an assault on him in a club in Kowloon Tong.
A Actor Nat Chan Pak-cheung
B Comedian Eric Tsang Chi-wai
C Comedian Dayo Wong Chi-wah
D Singer Eason Chan Yick-shun
Answers - 1C, 2B, 3A, 4D, 5C, 6B