News Quiz...do you know?
Test your memory and see what you remember from previous news reports. Each question is related to a news story published in the South China Morning Post on Tuesday, August 21, 2001
1. Visiting uuuuuuuu sailors who arrived on Monday are estimated to boost Hong Kong's coffers by $28 million.
2. The unemployment rate could top uuuuuuuu per cent by the end of the year after recording its first rise in five months.
3. Cathay Pacific lost almost uuuuuuuu of its passengers last month because of pilots' industrial action and Typhoon Utor.
A 10 per cent
B a quarter
D 43 per cent
4. A magistrate criticised Greenpeace as he fined two of its activists $900 each for their role in a protest against genetically modified foods outside a uuuuuuuu factory.
B soya sauce
C instant noodle
D dairy products
5. A policeman who has just undergone successful brain surgery nine years after being shot in the head said he uuuuuuuu.
A was looking forward to returning to work
B was glad that the ordeal was over
C was planning to retire
D would look for a less dangerous job
6. A domestic helper has been awarded more than uuuuuuuu from an employment agency that overcharged her.
Answers - 1C, 2B, 3B, 4D, 5A, 6C