News Quiz...do you know?
Test your memory and see what you remember from previous news reports. Each question is related to a news story published in the South China Morning Post on Friday, August 24, 2001
1. Socialite Pamela Pak Wan-kam has started her uuuuuuuu prison term.
2. Tycoon Li Ka-shing has warned that uuuuuuuu in the next year.
A more middle-to-high-income earners could expect to lose their jobs
B more low-income earners could expect to lose their jobs
C property prices could drop further
D property prices could soar
3. A cable-laying worker is believed to have died from heatstroke on Thursday as the temperature reached uuuuuuuu degrees Celsius, the highest this year.
4. Secretary for Justice Elsie Leung Oi-sie said a review should be carried out on ways to attract top uuuuuuuu to the civil service.
5. The parents of autistic boy Yu Man-hon, who disappeared a year ago, will uuuuuuuu to renew efforts to search for their son.
A go to the mainland
B appeal to mainland officials
C launch a public campaign
D appeal to Chief Executive Tung Chee-hwa
6. A survey of gambling addicts who sought help through a phone hotline has found they owed an average of $640,000 - and almost one in six had uuuuuuuu.
A borrowed from loan sharks
B borrowed from finance companies
C considered suicide
D lost their job
Answers - 1B, 2A, 3C, 4B, 5D, 6C