Key points of policy review
Public participation in sport
- Establish a network of community sports clubs;
- Organise more inter-area games in 18 districts.
- Schools to increase physical education lessons from two to three weekly;
- Establish a student sport co-ordinating committee to encourage student participation in sport.
Support for disabled athletes
- Provide full-time coaches.
Venue planning and management
- More flexible design for public venues.
- Use university facilities to improve training for top athletes.
Administrative structure for sport
- Set up a sports commission to replace the Sports Development Board to carry out strategic policy planning and funding;
- Reorganise the Hongkong Sports Institute to be in charge of high-performance training.
Public funding for sport
- Centralised funding body to support sports associations;
- Fairer resource allocation and simplified funding procedures.