City Briefs

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 10 June, 2003, 12:00am
UPDATED : Tuesday, 10 June, 2003, 12:00am


Related topics

Missing drainage worker found dead in valley

A 34-year-old drainage worker who was reported missing by his wife more than two weeks ago was yesterday found dead at the bottom of Tsung Tsai Yuen valley, off Tai Po Road. The man had last been seen working on drainage in the area on May 18, but searches had proved fruitless. It was only when colleagues reported a foul odour that officers were called in and the man's body was found. Police said there was no suspicion of foul play. A postmortem examination will be carried out.

Trio steal vehicles after attacking guard

Three masked men stole a jeep and another car from a car park in Kowloon Bay after assaulting a security guard. The guard, 57, was attacked when he approached the men after spotting them acting suspiciously in the Wai Yip Street car park, Telford Gardens, at about 1.30am. The three attacked the guard before speeding away in the two vehicles. Police said one of the vehicles was found torched an hour later on the Tolo Highway in Tai Po. Officers were still looking for a grey jeep. The guard was treated at United Christian Hospital.

Van driven into karaoke bar in suspected triad hit

A stolen goods van in Pat Heung was reversed into the entrance of Neway Karaoke bar in a suspected triad-related attack. A man jumped from the van and got away on a motorbike after the attack in Kau Yuk Road, at about 5.30am. It is believed the incident, the second attack on the same premises in two weeks, was related to protection fees. Last month, two men fled after a petrol bomb was hurled at the karaoke bar. No one was hurt in the attack.

Suspected drunk-driver held after ramming post

A man was arrested after he reportedly rammed his car into a lamppost in Kwun Tong. The 35-year-old was treated for facial injuries at United Christian Hospital after the crash in Kwun Tong Road at 2am. Police said he was arrested after he failed a breathalyser test. He was released on $5,000 bail.