You will remember that homophones are small confusing words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings. Which is the correct word in each of these sentences?
1. Your brother has (groan/grown) three centimetres during the past six months.
2. He is a (deer/dear) friend and I will help him all I can.
3. You look a right (pair/pear) of idiots dressed like that!
4. My parents have been on a (crews/cruise) to Japan.
5. Coronation Street is a very popular TV (cereal/serial) in the United Kingdom.
6. He drove a (steak/stake) through the vampire's heart.