1. What was the European Football Championship called initially?
2. Who won the 2003 Hopman Cup back in January?
3. On which American racetrack is the Preakness Stakes run every May?
4. How many times has Jan Ullrich finished as runner-up in the Tour de France?
5. Who beat Hicham El Guerrouj in the 5,000m at the 2003 World Championships which denied him a 1,500m-5,000m double?
6. In Formula One, where does the Sauber team originate from?
7. Snooker: Who is the only non-British Isles winner of the Embassy World Snooker Championships since 1976?
8. Los Angeles was the only city that bid for the 1984 Olympics. True or false?
9. Who was the first English manager to win a league and cup double in the 20th century?
10. Which famous event will be staged for the 150th time next year in Great Britain?
1. The European Nations' Cup. 2. The US beat Australia. 3. Pimlico, Maryland. 4. Five (1996, '98, '00, '01, '03). 5. Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya. 6. Switzerland. 7. Cliff Thorburn of Canada. 8. True. 9. Tottenham Hotspur's Bill Nicholson in the 1960-61 season. 10. The Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race.