Sometimes words have two meanings and you have to look at the whole sentence to see which one is correct. Which meaning is the right one in these sentences?
1. I can't see a thing because I have broken my GLASSES. (a. Something you drink out of; b. something that corrects bad eyesight)
2. You must stop biting your NAILS. (a. the hard bits at the front of your fingers; b. small, sharp pieces of metal that keep two things together)
3. He keeps the pigs in a PEN behind the farm house. (a. something you use to write with; b. an enclosure for animals)
4. You take the next FORK on the road to get to the station. (a. something you use to put food in your mouth; b. the place where a road divides into two sections)
5. Don't waste water. Please turn off the TAP. (a. a slight knock on someone's shoulder; b. the thing that water comes out of)