• Fri
  • Dec 19, 2014
  • Updated: 9:38am

City Briefs

PUBLISHED : Friday, 30 January, 2004, 12:00am
UPDATED : Friday, 30 January, 2004, 12:00am

Restaurant worker suffers burns


A restaurant worker suffered burns to her hands when a fire spread from a gas stove in a Mongkok restaurant. The woman, 57, was injured when she apparently forgot to turn off the stove as she tried to disconnect a liquefied petroleum gas cylinder in the kitchen about 9am.


Woman falls to her death in Sha Tin


A woman plunged to her death from a block of flats in Sha Tin. Police said the victim, 37, was found lying unconscious outside Hing Lam House, Kwong Lam Court just before 1am. She was declared dead when ambulance officers arrived. Police found a suicide note.


Share

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

Login

SCMP.com Account

or