The following words begin with the prefix 'out-' . Look up the meanings of the ones you do not know and put each into one of the sentences below.
outlook ; outdoors; outbreak; outcome; outburst; outset; outspoken; outlay
1. The ______ we need to start the business is at least five million dollars.
2. The ______ for their new business is quite positive.
3. She is very ______. Her big mouth will get her into trouble one day.
4. I love being ______ when the weather is warm like today.
5. From the ______ of his career it was obvious he was going to get to the top.
6. We were in Paris at the ______ of war.
7. Why did you lose your temper? Your ______ made you look foolish.
8. I don't know what the ____ of all your arguing will be.
Answers: 1.outlay; 2.outlook; 3.outspoken; 4.outdoors; 5.outset; 6.outbreak; 7.outburst; 8.outcome