Paint can explodes in van, burning delivery man
A delivery worker suffered leg injuries after a can of paint thinner he placed on top of a car battery in the back of a goods van burst into flames in Mongkok. The man, 35, was loading 12 cans of thinner into the van in Kam Lam Street when the blaze broke out at 12.30pm.
The worker was injured when he kicked the burning can out of the vehicle. Workers from a nearby metal shop doused the flames with extinguishers before firefighters arrived. The man was treated at Kwong Wah Hospital.