Promising chip-resistance, long-lasting shine and rapid-dry action, a slew of polishes are at your fingertips. We've tested some varnishes and present eight of the best, so treat your nails to some gloss, glitter and glam.
1. Christian Dior, Vernis 456 ($130). For a high-octane shine and a glittery finish, put on the glitz with this lacquer. From Sogo, Causeway Bay.
2. Clarins, 223 nail polish ($105). For durability, this is hard to beat. Chip-resistant and long-lasting, it comes in a high-gloss formula. From Clarins, shop 1087, IFC Mall, Central.
3. Maybelline, 118 Ruby Gem Water Shine Diamonds ($25). Three layers of this metallic-effect lacquer will have your nails looking ultra-glam. From Seibu, Causeway Bay.
4. Guerlain, Divinora 60 ($130). Boasting a non-streak formula, this varnish creates a smooth, bright shine with a few simple strokes. From Seibu, Pacific Place, Admiralty.
5. L'oreal, 752 Raspberry Sorbet ($50). This polish is easy to apply, dries in 60 seconds and gives your nails that extra shimmer and shine. From Watsons, Capital Centre, Causeway Bay.
6. Chanel, 159 Fire ($135). A quick coat smooths the nail's surface to reflect more light, leaving them looking bright and rich in colour. This fiery red maximises contrast with your skin. From Sogo, Causeway Bay.
7. Shu Uemura, PA134 ($90). Adding a delicate layer of colour to your nails, this polish gives a slightly shimmery shine. From Shu Uemura, shop 204, Ocean Centre, Tsim Sha Tsui.
8. O.P.I, Holly-Pop Red from Nicole by OPI Candy Cane Colors ($110). When time is tight, opt for this quick-drying and long-wearing formula. From Beau Nail, shop 1091A, IFC Mall.