Brick suspect returns to the scene
The man suspected of being the Mongkok brick thrower was taken back to the scene of his alleged crimes yesterday as police tried to reconstruct the incidents.
The 42-year-old was arrested on Sunday evening in connection with 12 cases in which bricks were thrown from high-rise buildings in the bustling district over the past three months.
The man, said to be a pimp who was retaliating for a recent police crackdown on vice in the area, was taken to several locations, including Shantung Street, where he was caught. His head covered with a hood, he was also taken to a boutique in the same street, where he had been seen with prostitutes, and to a construction site nearby, police said.
The tour of the alleged crime scenes, which began shortly after 6pm, took about half an hour, after which the suspect was taken back to a police station for further questioning about the spate of incidents.
A police spokeswoman said last night no charges had yet been laid and the suspect would be detained overnight.
The man, identified only by his surname, Lo, was seen acting suspiciously on Sunday by officers who had been stationed in the area because of the incidents.
He was arrested soon after a brick landed on the glass canopy of a ground-floor shop in Shantung Street. No one was injured.