Finding the right foundation can be an arduous task, but is worth the time invested. It's important to avoid obvious foundation lines and to steer clear of overtly orange hues. Apply with a sponge to achieve good coverage and to avoid caking, always use a moisturiser underneath. Foundation primers also help to create a flawless finish for that photo-shoot look.
1. Lancome Colour ID Self-Adjusting Colour Weightless Makeup (30ml; $260). This SPF 8 foundation has a pliant texture, spreads evenly and leaves a smooth finish.
2. Shu Uemura Water Perfect Smoothing Water-In Fluid Foundation (27ml; $220). This thick foundation provides a heavier cover for those seeking a studio look.
3. Red Earth Liquid Foundation (35ml; $130). This should be applied with a wet sponge to achieve the desired effect. Gives heavier coverage and a matt finish, making it a good choice for oily skin.
4. The Body Shop Ultra Smooth Foundation (25ml; $170). This foundation is another of the heavier variety, but it is particularly good for covering up blemishes should they unexpectedly pop up.
5. Diorskin Pure Light Sheer Skin-Lighting Makeup (30ml; $270). This silky, smooth and oil-free foundation has an SPF of 15, while a small amount goes a long way.
6. Smashbox Photo Finish Colour Correcting Foundation Primer (30ml; $280). Behind every good foundation is a good primer. This feels silky and leaves the skin soft and supple. The lavender balancer lightens and brightens yellow-toned skin, while the green adjuster minimises blotchiness.