Plans for West Kowloon lure 138,000 to exhibition
More than 138,000 people have visited the exhibition on the West Kowloon cultural hub proposals in City Hall, government officials said yesterday.
The display closes today and the exhibition will move to Sha Tin next month, where the three shortlisted proposals for the controversial project will be on view.
The exhibition was first staged at the Science Museum in Tsim Sha Tsui from December 16, before moving to City Hall last month.
'Members of the public are welcome to visit the exhibition and give their views. Public views are important for the development of the project and the government will give due consideration to these views in making a decision on the next step,' a government spokesman said.
The spokesman added that more than 21,900 comment cards and 270 written submissions had been received on the proposals.
Visitors to the exhibition were handed the comment cards to gather their views on the three competing bids, including the layout, the balance between commercial, residential and cultural development and the vast canopy.
The exhibition at City Hall closes at 8pm today. It would move to the Hong Kong Heritage Museum in Sha Tin in mid-April, a government spokesman said.
The display will end on June 30.