Summer is the time to expose toes and brighten fingernails - and with every colour under the sun available, now is the time to try a bit of polish. Go bright, go subtle or go for a bit of sparkle.
1. Lancome's Juicy Vernis complements its shimmering range of lip glosses. It is clear but has a light silver sparkle. Good for dressing up nails without looking garish. $105 from the Lancome counter in IFC Mall, Central.
2. Chanel's Sugar Gloss is for those with long, strong nails - and who are not afraid to show them off. Best for toes because it is bright. $135 from Chanel counters.
3. L'Oreal's Ceramide Resist is designed to strengthen nails and lasts up to five days. The colour code 100 is ideal for a subtle daytime look and is thick, so a light touch is best. $45 from Watsons stores and the L'Oreal boutique in APM Mall, Kwun Tong.
4. OPI's Here's To Us can be stripy on the first coat, so try two for a classic creamy shine. Available from: Beau Nails, IFC Mall; Nail Bar, Seibu, Pacific Place, Admiralty; Paul Gerrard, Pottinger Street, Central; and Nail Station, Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, for $120 a bottle.
5. Nicole's Turn His Head Red should do just that. Available from the above salons for $120.
6. Essie Nail's Cabana Boy should get your nails noticed. It has a pale lavender shine and would work well for lounging by the pool. Available for $120 from Nailtech, tel: 2139 0014.