Bright skin is a summer essential, and there is no shortage of products on the shelves that claim to create a luminous complexion. Every global beauty company offers 'whitening' creams, toners or serums to suit all skin types and ages. Take your pick from some of the latest.
1. Estee Lauder's Cyber-white Power Whitening Essence is said to reduce brown spots and create a more even skin tone. Available for $580/30ml from Estee Lauder counters.
2. Kiehl's White Brightening Botanical Cleansing Cream contains vitamin C and white flower extracts. The company says it leaves the complexion fresh and minimises pores while soothing the skin. Available for $190 from Seibu, Russell Street, Causeway Bay and Festival Walk, Kowloon Tong.
3. L'Oreal's White Perfect Toner contains melanin block, which aims to regulate the production of melanin (the main cause of brown spots). Available for $79 from the L'Oreal boutique in APM Mall, Kwun Tong.
4. DiorSnow Pure Whitening Purifying Mask is a quick and easy refresher for the evening. Apply to cleansed skin and leave on for five minutes. Rub off with circular motions. Available for $360 from the Dior counter at Lane Crawford, IFC Mall, Central.
5. L'Oreal's White Perfect Deep Whitening Moisturizing Lotion ($119) is a light day-time cream designed to help fade brown spots and make skin look 'more transparent'. Available from the L'Oreal boutique at APM Mall.