- Mon
- Mar 4, 2013
- Updated: 5:50pm
Trending topics
Sponsored topics
In Pictures
Editor's Pick
Huangpu is a district of pigeon fanciers and the skies over Shanghai have seen birds racing back to their coops for the best part of a century. Words and pictures by Jonathan Browning.
Updated at 5.33pm:
The Indonesian Consul-General to Hong Kong on Thursday denied a news report that a consular official from his country had received death threats before last week?s Bali blast.
The Apple Daily on Thursday reported that a consular official received a mobile phone text message last Friday evening, reading: ?I will kill you?. He was on his way to Central after leaving the Indonesian Consulate on Leighton Road in Causeway Bay.
The report said the consular official, who lived in Central, had also received two calls in which the caller terminated the call before saying anything.
A spokesman for the consul-general on Thursday afternoon said the Consul had not received any threatening letters. He said no consular staff lived in Central.
The spokesman said the consulate would contact police about the incident and investigate whether any of its staff had reported any intimidation.
He also said the consulate?s security needed not be improved.
Apple Daily quoted a police spokesman as saying officers had received a report of criminal intimidation in Central following the incident last Friday evening.
The lethal blasts on the Indonesian resort island of Bali on Saturday killed 22 people and wounded 138.
Three years before this, bomb blasts in Bali killed 202, including 88 Australians and some Hong Kong people.
Share
- Google Plus One
- Tweet Widget
-
0Comments




















