Thursday think tank
1. Everlasting Regret ... it's not just the film title, it's how the audience feels leaving the theatre.
2. Silent Witness wins Sprinters' Stakes in Japan ... take that to the Yasukuni Shrine and pray over it!
3. Former High Court judge charged with fraud ... see, it's not just Canto-pop executives who are linked to corruption.
4. Plans to develop Discovery Bay for tourism ... with all those resort golf carts around it already feels like a Club Med.
5. Beach Boys to play Foreign Correspondents' Club ball ... those guys are hardly 'boys' any more. Then again, the people expected to attend the event are hardly 'foreign correspondents'.