Walled City compensation

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 18 November, 1993, 12:00am
UPDATED : Thursday, 18 November, 1993, 12:00am
 

ONLY 123, or eight per cent, of the 14,639 Kowloon Walled City compensation cases had not been resolved, the Secretary for Planning, Environment and Lands, Tony Eason, said.


In a written reply to legislator Conrad Lam Kui-shing, Mr Eason said that in 32 of the 123 cases, the Government's offer of compensation had not been accepted and no review of the offer had been applied for.


In 67 cases, claims for higher compensation had been submitted and were being reviewed. For the remaining cases, the results of appeals against the offer had been made known but the decisions had not been accepted. All final offers would be made by Marchand appeals decided by March 1995.


Share

 

Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Walled City compensation

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive