A new hair product could be the answer to lifeless locks. Revitalise and soften unruly tresses with these offerings.
1. REN's moringa seed micro-protein universal shampoo ($310/ 300ml) is a sulphate-free, organic shampoo for all hair types. It combines gentle cleansing with the purifying properties of moringa seed oil, which is used in Africa to make polluted river water drinkable. Available from Harvey Nichols, The Landmark, Central.
2. Anna Sui's Rose Heaven shampoo ($120/250ml) smells like tea rose and gives a soft, free-flowing finish. It's made with grape-seed and olive oils, which have emollient properties. Available from FACES stores, including Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, and Lane Crawford, Times
Square, Causeway Bay.
3. (Malin+Goetz) peppermint shampoo ($200/236ml) is a gentle, hydrating shampoo with natural peppermint extracts and amino-acid-based cleansing agents. It's blended for frequent use and does not dry, strip, irritate or cause build-up. Available from Harvey Nichols.
4. Burt's Bees' grapefruit and sugar beet shampoo ($170/354ml) gives hair a natural shine by combining sugar beet extract and soy protein to strengthen and repair damage. Honey and essential oils of grapefruit, lemon, lime and tangerine provide moisture. It smells fruity enough to drink. Available from the Mannings stores in the President Cinema, Causeway Bay, and on King's Road, Quarry Bay.
5. Tact's lavender shampoo ($78/250ml) is made by a Greek-based company that specialises in natural bath and body care. It uses olive oil and summery extracts of lavender. Available at Sasa stores (inquiries: 2544 0606).