Use these words to complete the sentences: smell, flexible, symmetrical, openings, face
The nose is in the centre of the
1. __________________ and contains the nostrils and the organs of
2. ___________________. It functions as the usual passageway for air in respiration.
It has two cavities and is
3. ___________________ . A wall of cartilage separates the two cavities and extends from the nostril
4. ___________________ to the nasal part of the pharynx (far-ingks).
At the tip and on each side of the nose is 5. ___________________ cartilage that gives the nose its shape.
Definition: The pharynx is the tube, with surrounding membrane and muscles, that connects the mouth and nasal passages with the oesophagus
Some people are just never happy with their nose.
Match the noses
1. A piglet's nose
2. Michael Jackson's nose
3. Jackie Chan's nose
4. A horse's nose
Do your own nose surgery
Cut out various noses in
today's South China Morning Post
See if your friends know who each nose belongs to?
Mix and match noses and make new photos
Collect various smelly things (coffee, leaves, garlic, ginger
and so on)
Place into small containers or bags that allow the scent to
escape. Guess the scents while blindfolded
Now, write a description about the various scents
Remember to use plenty of adjectives
Walt Disney's Pinocchio is a puppet whose nose gets longer and longer as he tells lies.
Make your own
these nosey sayings
1. Keep one's nose out of something
- mind your own business
Example: I wish the secretary at our office would keep her nose out of other people's business.
2. Lead by the nose
- make or persuade someone to do anything you want
Example: My sister has been leading her husband by the nose since they got married.
3. Pay through the nose
- pay too much
Example: My mother paid through the nose for her new dress.
A. 1. face 2. smell 3. symmetrical 4. openings 5. flexible
B. 1.d 2.c 3.a 4.b