Which newspaper do you read?
Larry Mak is studying journalism at a local university. At the moment, he is putting together a survey on what people look for in a good newspaper. Yesterday he interviewed two newspaper readers about what they read in their daily paper. Listen to the interviews and complete the notes that Larry made.
Female newspaper reader / mid-20s
1. Buys a newspaper every day .............
A. on way home from work
B. at supermarket
C. on her way to work
D. during lunch break
2. .............. buys the same newspaper
3. Reads a newspaper for the ..........
A. sports pages
B. news coverage
C. entertainment news
D. property pages
4. Also always reads ..............
A. the financial pages
B. the film reviews
C. the television listings
D. music reviews
5. Says she reads ..........
A. the paper all the way through
B. nothing else
C. as much as she can
D. the arts reviews
6. Thinks that games in a newspaper are ......
A. fun to do
B. essential reading
C. a waste of time
D. difficult to do
Female newspaper reader / early 30s
1. This interviewee does not .........
A. read a daily newspaper
B. buy a daily newspaper
C. read the news coverage
D. read the financial pages
2. Each day she has ..........
A. many newspapers to choose from
B. a choice of three or four newspapers to read
C. one single newspaper to read
D. no newspapers to read
3. She reads the financial pages because ......
A. she hates them
B. her boss tells her to read them
C. she works in the finance business
D. she enjoys them
4. For pleasure, she reads ........
A. the money pages
B. the sports coverage
C. movie and music articles
D. the comic pages
5. She enjoys doing the .............
A. music quizzes
B. back page quizzes
C. number puzzles
6. She never does the crossword puzzles because .......
A. they are a waste of time
B. they are too easy
C. her general knowledge isn't very good
D. she is too impatient
1A, 2D, 3B, 4C, 5B, 6C; 1B, 2B, 3C, 4C, 5C, 6C