Foodies on a summer diet may find their cravings aren't limited only to meal times. These food-based skin-care items smell and look good enough to eat.
1. L'Occitane's Amande Pomme Sweet Peel (HK$265/100ml) is a gentle exfoliating treatment containing crushed almond shells and organic apple extract. Apple cider vinegar tightens pores and almond oil softens skin. Available at L'Occitane stores.
2. Skinfoods' Chocofoam (HK$140/130ml) is a foaming cleanser containing natural chocolate powder. Cacao is used for its anti-ageing properties. Available at selected Skinfoods stores, including those on Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, and in Times Square, Causeway Bay.
3. June Jacobs' Cranberry Hydrating Toner (HK$340/200ml) removes residue and helps maintain the skin's natural pH levels. It's enriched with soothing botanicals and antioxidants. Available at Harvey Nichols, The Landmark, Central.
4. Fresh's Sugar Face Polish with crushed wild strawberries (HK$580/100 grams) is a nourishing mask with an intense conditioning action. The humectant sugar melts into the skin and antioxidant-rich strawberries, which are high in vitamin C, are said to help brighten the complexion. Grapeseed, mango and macadamia oils condition and moisturise. Available at Lane Crawford stores.
5. The Organic Pharmacy's Carrot Butter Cleanser (HK$450/65ml) dissolves dirt and make-up, including eye make-up. Antioxidant carrot is blended with skin-softening shea and cocoa butter, while chamomile, rosemary and lavender soothe and decongest the skin. Available at The Organic Pharmacy, IFC Mall, Central; Harvey Nichols; and Lane Crawford, Pacific Place, Admiralty.
6. Malin+Goetz's Grapefruit Face Cleanser (HK$270/236ml) is a foaming gel that synthesises natural grapefruit extracts with amino-acid-based cleansing agents. It gently purifies and hydrates. Available at Harvey Nichols.