Man hurt as water heater blows its top | South China Morning Post

Man hurt as water heater blows its top

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 16 August, 2007, 12:00am
UPDATED : Thursday, 16 August, 2007, 12:00am
 

A 59-year-old man escaped serious injury yesterday when a water heater he bought on Monday exploded at his home in Discovery Park, Tsuen Wan. The cover of the heater was blown off and hit him on the head. He was taken to hospital complaining of tinnitus. A fireman said: 'He turned on the water tap, but no hot water came out. The blast occurred when he turned off the tap. It was a minor blast. The cover of the heater flew off, hitting his forehead.' The Fire Services Department said an investigation had turned up nothing suspicious and the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department was following up.


Share

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

Login

SCMP.com Account

or