In Brief

PUBLISHED : Friday, 28 September, 2007, 12:00am
UPDATED : Friday, 28 September, 2007, 12:00am

Minibus driver, passenger fight

A minibus passenger traded blows with the driver after being angered when he was not woken up. The 32-year-old was travelling from Kwun Tong to Tai Po but fell asleep. He was enraged when he found himself on Castle Peak Road, close to the Lok Ma Chau checkpoint, at 3.20am. Police were called when they started fighting and officers arrested them.

Parents accused of child abuse

The parents of a girl, four, who died in July appeared in Kwun Tong Court accused of child abuse. Lo Kin-ning, 33, a printing worker, and his mainland wife, Zhang Huiyu, 27, were released on bail. Neither entered a plea. They are accused of harming Lo Fung-ying between April 2005 and this July. The case was adjourned to November 22.

3 held over internet scam

Three men have been arrested in connection with an internet pyramid scheme. The Commercial Crime Bureau said the men were promoting a fraudulent 'Swisscash' scheme, which promised a 25 per cent return in one month. Bonuses were promised to those who lured new investors on internet forums.

Robber jailed with DNA evidence

A member of a gang that robbed and tied up a couple in Sai Kung was jailed for five years and four months thanks to DNA evidence. Fung Pang, 43, pleaded guilty in the Court of First Instance to robbery in the 2004 incident. The couple had been in a car at High Island Reservoir when the men smashed the windows and gagged them. Fung was identified by DNA in blood taken from the car.

Citizen's arrest of two muggers

Two men, 30 and 48, arrested two muggers who snatched a mobile phone from a woman in Castle Peak Road, in Sham Shui Po, at about 11.30pm on Wednesday.

Man flees fire on clothes hangar

A man was left hanging from a clothes hangar outside his 10th-floor flat when a fire broke out. The 33-year-old climbed out of the window when an electric fan overheated and caught fire in his flat at Chau Kwai House, Kwai Chung Estate, at 10pm. Firemen quickly put out the flames and pulled the man inside. He was treated for smoke inhalation.

Mark Six

There was no winner of the first prize in last night's draw. The numbers were 6, 9, 17, 23, 34 and 45. The extra number was 2. One ticket won the second prize of HK$1,392,010. Third prize paid HK$32,560.