What's illegal

PUBLISHED : Monday, 15 October, 2007, 12:00am
UPDATED : Monday, 15 October, 2007, 12:00am

Civil offences

A copyright owner can take civil action against any person who infringes the copyright in the work. In general, the owner has the exclusive right to copy the work and to distribute it to the public.

Criminal offences

1. The making of or possession of infringing articles for trade or business.

2. Importing or exporting pirated articles.

3. Involvement in copyright piracy outside Hong Kong for the purpose of importation into Hong Kong.

4. Manufacturing equipment for copyright piracy



Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

What's illegal

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive