School gets talking to after laser incident

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 17 October, 2007, 12:00am
UPDATED : Wednesday, 17 October, 2007, 12:00am

The Education Bureau yesterday reminded SKH Chi Fu Chi Nam Primary School in Pok Fu Lam that teaching equipment should be operated by teaching staff. The reminder came after red light from a laser remote control pointer was shone into a Primary Five boy's left eye in a classroom at about 8am. The device was used to control a projector. A bureau spokesman said it was being handled by another student at the time. The boy was sent to Queen Mary Hospital and the school said an examination showed he was fine. He left the hospital at 9.35am.