Exercises by John Millen. The voices on the clips are Kate Whitehead and Will Clem
A taxi for the airport, please
David works for a company in Manchester in the north of England. Claire Wang, a colleague from the company's Hong Kong sales office, is about to arrive in Manchester. David books a taxi to pick her up at the airport. Listen to the phone conversation and then answer the questions by choosing the correct word or phrase.
1. On her journey from Hong Kong, where will Claire change planes?
2. Her connecting plane will land at which terminal?
A. Terminal 1
B. Terminal 2
C. Terminal 4
3. Which airline is she using for her journey to the UK?
A. Cathay Pacific
B. British Airways
C. China Air
4. When does her flight arrive in Manchester?
A. In the evening
B. In the afternoon
C. In the morning
5. Where will the taxi driver be waiting for Claire?
A. Outside the arrivals hall
B. In the terminal car park
C. Inside the arrivals hall
6. How will Claire recognise the taxi driver?
A. She already knows him
B. He will be shouting out her name
C. He will have her name on a small board
7. What is the post code of the hotel where Claire is staying?
A. M5 1NP
B. M1 5NP
C. M1 5PN
8. Who has booked the taxi?
A. Claire herself
B. A work colleague from the Manchester office
C. Her secretary in Hong Kong
How are they feeling?
Listen to these six people. Write the number of the person speaking (1-6) in the box that says how they are feeling.
A / B / B / C / C / C / C / B
A3 / B6 / C1 / D2 / E5 / G4