Fifty residents evacuated after fire breaks out in 33rd-floor flat
About 50 residents of On Ning Garden's Block 2 were evacuated when a fire broke out in a flat on the 33rd floor at about 4.15pm yesterday. A man, 29, was trapped in the flat's toilet and was rescued by firemen. He told police a computer had caught light and he had tried to put out the fire. He said he felt sick from the fumes and was admitted to Tseung Kwan O Hospital. Firefighters put out the blaze in 30 minutes. Meanwhile, a fire broke out at a flat in Flora Plaza, Fanling. The 36-year-old woman who lived there was not home when it started at about 11am. No one was injured in either fire.
Man held for assaulting police
A man, 24, was arrested for assaulting two police officers when he was apprehended at the junction of Shanghai and Argyle streets, Mong Kok, shortly before 2am.
Man survives five-floor fall
A man was taken to hospital after being found unconscious on a new Mercedes Benz at 8pm. After regaining consciousness, he told police he had slipped and fallen five floors from the roof of a building in Fuk Lo Tsun Road. The car was dented by the impact.
Maid's suicide follows sacking
An 25-year-old domestic helper jumped to her death from a flat in Yoho Town Block 9, Yuen Long, after being told she was sacked.
No one won the first prize in last night's draw. The numbers were 1, 17, 23, 25, 40 and 44. The extra number was 26. Two tickets each won second prize of HK$837,960. Third prize paid HK$58,040.