Dogs survive poisoning
Two dogs survived an attack believed to be by the notorious Mid-Levels dog poisoner, who has killed scores of pets over the years with insecticide-laced meat in the area.
The two pets - a labrador and an Airedale terrier - were jogging with their owner along Black's Link when they swallowed poisoned meat at about 4.30pm.
They were taken to Valley Veterinary Centre in Happy Valley at 5.45pm, where vet Lloyd Kenda induced vomiting.
'It is a typical dog poisoning case, in which the dogs ingested toxic insecticide,' Dr Kenda said, adding it was the first case this month but similar poisonings had been common throughout Mid-Levels in recent years.
A mongrel was killed in October after eating poisoned meat on Bowen Road.
Two labrador-poodle crosses died in March after eating poisoned meat on the same road.
There have been 72 reported poisonings since 1995, 44 of which were fatal.