• Sun
  • Oct 26, 2014
  • Updated: 3:08pm

Woman dies after eating wild mushrooms

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 03 January, 2008, 12:00am
UPDATED : Thursday, 03 January, 2008, 12:00am
 

The Centre for Health Protection warned the public not to eat wild mushrooms - in Hong Kong or overseas - following the death of a woman, 43, who ate the fungus picked from a park in South Africa on December 27. She developed abdominal pain, diarrhoea and a headache on a flight to Hong Kong, and was admitted to Queen Mary Hospital where she died of multiple organ failure. The Coroner's Court will hold an inquiry.

Share

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

Login

SCMP.com Account

or