Answer the following questions:
1. Which of the following education institutes have not been closed in response to the influenza outbreak?
a. primary schools
b. special schools
c. secondary schools
2. According to the article, how many children died after suffering from flu-like symptoms?
3. What emergency measure has the Centre for Health Protection taken?
a. has forbidden anyone visiting patients at public hospitals
b. public education campaign on ways to prevent flu
c. weekly announcement of new cases
An inverted sentence is one in which a verb is placed before the subject. It is used to stress the uniqueness of an event or a past period.
Here is an example from the passage
Eg. Not since Sars have schools closed in response to an outbreak.
Please invert the following sentences as in the example.
Eg. I have never been more upset.
Never have I been more upset.
1. I have never been insulted like this in my life.
2. I will never do it again!
3. He seldom comes to lectures on time.
4. I had not met my father until I was eight.
Think about it
1 How has the flu outbreak affected you?
2 Do you think the decision to close schools is a justified response or overreaction?
3 Do you think the government could be doing more in the flu fight?
1. c, 2. c, 3. b
1. Never in my life have I been insulted like this.
2. Never will I do it again!
3. Seldom does he come to lectures on time.
4. Not until I was eight had I met my father.