5 great: beaded necklaces
Try various materials, including precious stones, wood and silver, to brighten up your summer, writes Divia Harilela
1. For something timeless, you can't beat elegant silver beads. Wear them long or use the extra clasp to form a two-strand choker. Choker/necklace (HK$3,950) from Tiffany & Co, The Landmark, Central, tel: 2845 9853.
2. If you are looking for something more precious, this simple strand is made from lemon quartz and comes with an antique-finish hook clasp. It can also double as a belt. Beads (HK$20,150) from Bottega Veneta, The Landmark, Central, tel: 2973 0882.
3. Choose a necklace featuring complimentary colours and textures such as this elegant style featuring bronze beads, splattered gold balls and dull gold chain links. Necklace (HK$3,300) by Florian from On Pedder, Wheelock House, Central,
tel: 2118 3489.
4. Featuring beads in graduated sizes, this handmade lacquered wood necklace makes a statement on its own in a bold shade of coral. Necklace (HK$2,800) by Nathalie Costes from On Pedder, Wheelock House, Central, tel: 2118 3489.
5. Wooden beads are given the luxe treatment in this two-tiered necklace featuring industrial chain links and diamante-encrusted hoops. They're all strung on a simple black ribbon, which can be adjusted in length. Necklace (HK$9,100) by Lanvin from Harvey Nichols, The Landmark, Central, tel: 3695 3388.