5 great: beaded necklaces
1. For something timeless, you can't beat elegant silver beads. Wear them long or use the extra clasp to form a two-strand choker. Choker/necklace (HK$3,950) from Tiffany & Co, The Landmark, Central, tel: 2845 9853.
2. If you are looking for something more precious, this simple strand is made from lemon quartz and comes with an antique-finish hook clasp. It can also double as a belt. Beads (HK$20,150) from Bottega Veneta, The Landmark, Central, tel: 2973 0882.
3. Choose a necklace featuring complimentary colours and textures such as this elegant style featuring bronze beads, splattered gold balls and dull gold chain links. Necklace (HK$3,300) by Florian from On Pedder, Wheelock House, Central,
tel: 2118 3489.
4. Featuring beads in graduated sizes, this handmade lacquered wood necklace makes a statement on its own in a bold shade of coral. Necklace (HK$2,800) by Nathalie Costes from On Pedder, Wheelock House, Central, tel: 2118 3489.
5. Wooden beads are given the luxe treatment in this two-tiered necklace featuring industrial chain links and diamante-encrusted hoops. They're all strung on a simple black ribbon, which can be adjusted in length. Necklace (HK$9,100) by Lanvin from Harvey Nichols, The Landmark, Central, tel: 3695 3388.