• Fri
  • Oct 24, 2014
  • Updated: 6:23pm

Warning on eating toxic fish

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 07 May, 2008, 12:00am
UPDATED : Wednesday, 07 May, 2008, 12:00am
 

Three separate cases of suspected poisoning have prompted the Centre for Health Protection to issue a warning about the build-up of toxins if consumers eat too much coral reef fish. The three suspected cases of ciguatoxin poisoning involved eight people, aged two to 50, who fell ill over the weekend. Four were admitted to hospital and are in stable condition. Symptoms include numbness of the face and limbs, vomiting and diarrhoea.

Share

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

Login

SCMP.com Account

or