Answer the following questions
1. What does bimbo mean?
a. Girls who like reading books
b. Girls who are only worried about their looks and outfits
c. Girls who have undergone plastic surgery
2. According to the passages, what is true about the Miss Bimbo game?
a. Players have to be on a diet in order to keep slim and get an upgrade
b. It is a complicated game and difficult to learn at first
c. Boyfriends support bimbos with money
3. What does Angel N.M. Leung think about the game?
a. The game promotes consumerism
b. It is a total waste of time to play the game
c. It is hard to say if the game influences players' behaviour in real life
An adverb can modify a verb, an adjective or another adverb. It can answer questions such as 'how', 'when' and 'where'. Below is an example from the passage.
Eg. The game features a graphic interface with an overwhelmingly pink background
Fill in the blanks with the correct adverbs.
patiently, angrily, energetically, politely, early
1. The mother _______________ reprimanded her son for breaking the glass.
2. You have to ask me more _______________ or I will not lend you my book.
3. Her boyfriend waited________________ outside the shop while my sister was trying on clothes.
4. I arrived half an hour ________________ for the job interview this morning.
5. The children have been in the park for four hours, and they are still playing ________________.
Think about it
1. What is your opinion about Miss Bimbo?
2. Do you think playing video games will have an influence on children?
3. What do you think about spending real money to buy virtual products?
1. b, 2. c, 3. c
1. angrily, 2. politely, 3. patiently, 4. early, 5. energetically