Technician electrocuted in Tsuen Wan

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 05 August, 2008, 12:00am
UPDATED : Tuesday, 05 August, 2008, 12:00am

A 37-year-old technician was electrocuted while trying to fix an air conditioner in Tsuen Fung Centre in Tsuen Wan at about 11am. The man, surnamed Kwan, screamed and fell off his ladder. His colleagues rushed to his aid, but he was unconscious. He was declared dead shortly after being taken to Yan Chai Hospital. Initial investigations indicated that electrical wires had come into contact with the man's chest as he was repairing the air conditioner.

Share

 

Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive